Logitech Harmony Companion Universal Home Control, Hub, and App Review and Manual Setup
If you are looking for a good universal remote, Logitech Harmony Companion is one that you can count. Harmony Companion comes with one remote, one hub, and one IR blaster. Comes with a pre-installed CR2032 battery, this remote can last up to one year with regular use every day.
Harmony Companion includes hubs that connect using RF signals. In its system, the hub conveys the remote commands to send infrared or Bluetooth commands to your device. This way, you don’t need to point the remote at the device you control. Even, you don’t need to look at it at the hub because it uses radio signals for the best connection.
The included IR blaster works when the hub cannot send a signal to one of your devices because of its location. It’s useful when one of the devices you use blocked by other furniture in your home.
Smart Remote with Easy Control
Very simple for remote settings through the Harmony application. Harmony companion will scan for Wi-Fi networks and automatically add devices when turned on and connected. If your device isn’t connected via Wi-Fi, you can search the application and add devices from the Logitech database. For more details about the settings, you can see the Logitech Harmony Companion manual setup link that I have provided below.
Switching to the software part (Harmony App), allows you to control your home theater device using a mobile or tablet. It’s a good option when you don’t have a remote near you or another room. Apart from controlling all devices, it allows you to configure your remote settings.
One of the favorite features of this remote is the ability to use voice commands to control the device that you connect. For example, you use Alexa smart speakers and Google Assistant so that you can try both. That way, it will make it easy to do something just by order while making a sound.
If you are interested and interested in Harmony Companion, you can directly visit the official website of Logitech or other market places that provide it. This universal remote from Logitech is still available and sells for around $ 150.
Logitech Harmony Companion Specification
- Height 7.25 inch, Width 2.13 inch, Depth 0.81 inch
- Weight: 119.07 gr
- Height 4.16 inch, Width 4.88 inch, Depth 1.0 inch
- Weight: 110.56 gr
- Wi-Fi: Supports 802.11g/n, WPA Personal,
- WPA2-AES and 64/128-bit WEP encryption
For mobile setup and control:
- Apps (Harmony): can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play
- iOS: iPhone 4S or later, iPad 3rd gen or later, iPad Mini, iPod touch 5th gen or later. A device with iOS 8.0 or higher
- Android: a smartphone with Android 4.2 or later (Wi-Fi enabled)
- Bluetooth Smart technology
For online setup:
- Software download available at Link Here
- Windows PC: Windows 7 or later
- Mac OS computer: Mac OS X 10.7 – 10.14
- Require software download and initial setup
- Environmental conditions affect wireless and IR coverage
Logitech Harmony Companion Manual Setup
A Detail setup for this product can be accessed at the link below
Logitech Harmony Companion Software Download:
Logitech Harmony Control for iOS
- Software Version: 5.7.5
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later
Compatible: iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
File Size: 58.2 MB
Logitech Harmony for Android
- Software Version: 5.7.5
- Last Update: 2020-05-06
- Compatibility: Android 6.0 or later
- File Size: 13 MB